When it comes to mission-ready performance, Road Rescue Type I ambulance trucks are the muscle that fire departments trust most when it comes to safety to and from each scene. Thanks to impeccable features built right onto Road Rescue’s Ford, Chevy or Dodge ambulance chassis, each Type I delivers a tough structure, inside and out.
- Road Rescue ambulances are built with CNC Plasma and Laser Cutters, VHB tape and robotic welding for repeatable results, rock-solid precision and quicker lead times.
- REV Group’s support and advanced engineering practices back each unit, starting with construction in an ISO 9001:2015 certified factory.
- Each Road Rescue comes equipped with top-of-the-line features inside the patient area, like anti-microbial cabinetry interiors, all wrapped in a safety-focused structure.
Thanks to Ford, Chevy and Dodge, Road Rescue ambulances don’t shy away from their title of “street tough” emergency vehicles. These Type I ambulance chassis choices give crews the kind of power, performance and emergency muscle they need to get the job done.
Road Rescue’s Type I ambulances are mission-ready road rebels, with top-of-the-line features and rock-solid engineering that defies industry standards. Built on experienced chassis brands, these ambulances are revolutionary units with plenty of muscle for a lifetime of service.
A CUT ABOVE THE REST
Unique to the industry, each Road Rescue ambulance is laser cut with numerically computerized precision for more efficiency, faster lead times and high repeatability, unlike the competition that relies on hand-cutting and old-fashioned measuring that leads to inaccuracy.
THE SUPPORT EVERY CREW NEEDS
A ladder frame subfloor design delivers a support feature only found on Road Rescue ambulances. Comprised of a full-length, non-seamed tube that runs from the front to the rear of the structure, this 3” super structure adds more strength and protection latitude wise.
THE STRONG AND SILENT TYPE
Road Rescue Type I crews won’t feel like they’re driving an ambulance truck at all with a Whisper Quiet insulation package that covers exterior compartments and wheel wells with a barry mat sound deadening material to absorb and transfer road vibrations.
When it comes to Road Rescue emergency vehicles, a long list of high-end features are the standard. Equipped with industry-best features and built using high-quality materials and construction techniques, these ambulances are street tough — inside and out.
- Adhesive: VHB tape is used to attach extrusions to the skin
- Body: One-piece .125" aluminum pan formed wall panels
- Construction: 3/4" plug welds and robotic welding
- Construction: CNC plasma laser cutting
- Roof: Perimeter framed with a radius extrusion and triple-wall webbing
- Sides and corners: Formed extrusions folded over at the sides and welded together
- Sill plates: 1" x3" solid aluminum secured to chassis frame rails
- Attendant seat: 3-point seatbelt
- Cabinets and floor: All aluminum interior, resists fluid-borne pathogens
- Patient area: Spacious aluminum interior
- Squad bench: 16" A-bar with anti-microbial coating
- Subfloor: Ladder frame
- Upholstery: Seamless
- Cabinets: Anti-microbial, thermal plastic laminate
- Countertops: Scratch-resistant Avonite
- Restocking cabinets: Two gas-assist shocks hold the door open
- Shelving: Adjustable interior and exterior cabinets
- Door frames: Extruded, reinforced stainless-steel door panels on entry doors
- Handles: TriMark handles with anti-slip material on backside of paddle
- Grab rails: L-bar grab handles on side and rear entrance doors
- Hinges: Exclusive hidden hinge design protects from environmental conditions
- Hinges: 3M polyurethane tape added to both sides of the hinge to prevent electrolysis
- Attendant lights: Surface-mounted LED edge lit
- Circuit board: 12 volt
- Dome light: Momentary switch illuminates for 15 minutes
- Interior lights: White LED light strip in ceiling medical device rail with brake and turn at the rear 12"
- Lights: Shadow-less, highest lumen count in the industry
- Shoreline: 115-volt AC, 15-amp inlet with mating plug and GFI protection
- System: Weldon V-MUX multiplex electrical system with touch screen display and joystick controller
Electrical / Emergency alerts
- Brake and turn signal lights: Rear ceiling medical device rail, LED red and amber
- Grille lights: Two Whelen micron super LED
- Intersection lights: Located on front fender
- Rear-view camera: OEM with monitor
- Siren: Whelen WS-295SLSA1
- Speakers: Two 100-watt drivers
- A/C-system: Cool Bar auxiliary A/C condenser
- Insulation: 1" dowel dense foam topped with 5/16" e-foil
- Insulation: 3M Thinsulate in the cab headliner and on compartments and wheel wells
- Insulation: Sound deadening, used in the subfloor
- Seams: Sealed for superior protection from external elements
- Crash-rail: Snap-on, extruded rail, eliminates fasteners
- Grab bars: Anti-microbial
- Subfloor: .500" solid aluminum plating welded to subfloor and full-length tube structure