When every mission is critical, you need dependable products that perform and endure. Wheeled Coach Type I ambulances deliver the ultimate in durability, which comes from years of real-world experience operating in the harshest conditions. Every Wheeled Coach ambulance body is fabricated utilizing the latest CNC equipment and processes to ensure we achieve the highest levels of precision and quality every time. Using single-piece aluminum skins helps to eliminate seams, while increasing body strength and corrosion resistance. Plus, custom-engineered extrusions provide a full roll-cage that surrounds your patients and crew. These are just a few of the ways we stand with you every day, building tough ambulances that are ready to serve.
- AntiCor™ Protection System
- ToughCoat™ Paint Process
- TrueForm™ Wall Construction
- Safeguard Box Frame™
- 20-year structural body warranty
- Diamond-plate flip-up rear step with Gator Grip® surface
- Rear fender flares
- Running boards with Gator Grip® surface
- Full floating automotive-style compartment door handles
- Full modular body built in-house
- Large, handicap-style grab handles on side and rear doors with powder-coated safety yellow coating
- Lonplate® II raised diamond-plate vinyl flooring
- Rear high-back captain’s chair with 3-point harness
- Reflective rub rails with multiple color choices
- SafePASS™ emergency egress lock releases on side and rear patient compartment doors
- Seamless upholstery
- Single-sheet seamless construction, no exposed door jambs
- Stainless-steel curbside and rear door panels with reflective safety chevrons
- Stainless-steel wheel covers
- (7) Weldon 8046 patient compartment dome lights
- 20-amp shoreline inlet with auto eject
- Limited lifetime electrical warranty
- Patient compartment check out lights with 15-minute timer
- Hinged center wire trough for ease of maintenance
- In house built wiring harness
- Traditional Printed Circuit Board or VMUX Multiplex electrical systems available
The only option we don't offer is compromise. By listening to customer needs, we develop mission-critical features that many of the largest fire and emergency departments in the country depend on in their life-saving work. Whether we're building a 200-unit order for the U.S. Government or a single unit order that looks as good as it performs, every Wheeled Coach ambulance is built tough to meet each customer's requirements. So, no matter what you need in your next ambulance, know that Wheeled Coach is listening.
CORNER CAP LIGHTING SYSTEM
Our proprietary Corner Cap Lighting System provides 360-degree lighting coverage from both the ground and air. In addition to helping helicopters see the ambulance from the sky, the system protects the DOT marker lights and provides stress relief to minimize damage in the event of an accident.
This patented external condenser mounted on the front of the body for easy access boasts 30% greater condensing capability, 30% greater BTU capacity, and 50% greater air flow. It also enables multiple warning light options for maximum visibility and flexibility.
DURASEAM™ DOOR CONSTRUCTION
DuraSeam Door Construction eliminates extrusions typically found on ambulances by incorporating the door jamb into the one-piece, seamless side skin. By eliminating seams, we also reduce crevice corrosion, enhancing the paint finish on the vehicle. This system also adds to the structural integrity and strength of the box, which leads to increased safety for all passengers.