The Wheeled Coach Type III is specially engineered to perform in the most challenging conditions, while delivering the reliability you need in the field. A fully extruded body protects battle-tested responders, seasoned by countless calls, as they navigate congested city streets or rural back roads. Even more peace of mind comes with our limited lifetime electrical warranty—we have your back during those rare moments of downtime. The Type III is ready to perform under the greatest pressure.
We understand every department has its own unique requirements and needs when it comes to their emergency vehicles. That’s why we build flexibility and superior performance into every ambulance we manufacture. Wheeled Coach delivers the standards and options that first-responders depend on most.
- AntiCor™ Protection System
- ToughCoat™ Paint Process
- TrueForm™ Wall Construction
- Safeguard Box Frame™
- All-aluminum modular body
- Flip-up rear step bumper with Gator Grip® surface
- Rear fender flares
- Running boards with Gator Grip® surface
- Handicap-style safety yellow grab handles on side and rear doors
- Lonplate® II raised diamond-plate vinyl flooring
- Rear high-back captain’s chair attendant seat with three-point harness
- SafePASS™ automotive-style door handles
- Seamless upholstery
- Stainless-steel curbside and rear door panels with reflective safety chevrons
- Stainless-steel wheel inserts
- (3) Lights in patient compartment
- (7) Weldon 8046 Halogen dome lights
- 20-amp shoreline inlet with auto eject
- Limited lifetime electrical warranty
- Patient compartment check out lights with 15-minute timer
- Hinged center wire trough for ease of maintenance
- In house built wiring harness
- Traditional Printed Circuit Board or VMUX Multiplex electrical systems available
The only option we don't offer is compromise. By listening to customer needs, we develop mission-critical features that many of the largest fire and emergency departments in the country depend on in their life-saving work. Whether we're building a 200-unit order for the U.S. Government or a single unit order that looks as good as it performs, every Wheeled Coach ambulance is built tough to meet each customer's requirements. So, no matter what you need in your next ambulance, know that Wheeled Coach is listening.
CORNER CAP LIGHTING SYSTEM
Our proprietary Corner Cap Lighting System provides 360-degree lighting coverage from both the ground and air. In addition to helping helicopters see the ambulance from the sky, the system protects the DOT marker lights and provides stress relief to minimize damage in the event of an accident.
This patented external condenser mounted on the front of the body for easy access boasts 30% greater condensing capability, 30% greater BTU capacity, and 50% greater air flow. It also enables multiple warning light options for maximum visibility and flexibility.
DURASEAM DOOR SYSTEM
DuraSeam™ Door Construction eliminates extrusions typically found on ambulances by incorporating the door jamb into the one-piece, seamless side skin. By eliminating seams, we also reduce crevice corrosion, enhancing the paint finish on the vehicle. This system also adds to the structural integrity and strength of the box, which leads to increased safety for all passengers.