If you're concerned about thermal protection, the Captain Jim Fire Hood is an elite choice! With a TPP rating of 36, this hood can withstand 34 calories of heat per square centimeter.
- MATERIALS: 2-layer Spentex (70% O-PAN, 28% Twaron & 2.0% FR Rayon)
- SIZE/FIT: Designed to be one-size-fits-all, this hood is 20” long with an elastic face opening.
- WICKING: The hood wicks away moisture (perspiration, water, and even steam).
- THERMAL PROTECTION: Has an initial TPP rating of 29.5 which increases with washings and an Arc Thermal Performance Value (ATPV) rating of 34, meaning that it can tolerate and protect against 34 calories of heat per square centimeter.
- CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS: Wash according to NFPA 1851 guidelines. The hood will air dry in approximately 2 hours.
- CERTIFICATION: UL certified to NPFA 1971 for Structural and Proximity Fire Fighting Clothing.
Made in Medina, Ohio, USA.