Account Receivable/Customer Service Representative
Firefighter One (FF1) is looking for a highly motivated and organized individual to fill the position of Account Receivable/Customer Service Representative. The ideal candidate understands the importance of efficiency and is excited to contribute to a growing company’s success. Key traits are a fresh-minded, personable go-getter that can build strong internal/external relationships with our valued customers as well as carry out tasks swiftly with minimal supportive management and guidance. We are a very tight team and looking to fill this role with a team player that excels in a busy, fast-paced environment. This full-time position reports to the Accounts Receivable Administrator and will be based full-time in our Sparta HQ location.
- Answer telephones to direct calls or provide information.
- Respond to customer problems or complaints.
- Collect payments.
- Discuss account status or activity with customers.
- Locate and notify customers of delinquent accounts by email, telephone and mail.
- Record information about financial status of customers and status of collection efforts.
- Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities.
- Confer with customers by telephone or in person to provide information about products or services, take or enter orders, or obtain details of complaints.
- Contact customers to remind and schedule preventative maintenance.
- Contact customers to notify of services offered.
- File documents or records.
- Complete, log and mail Purchase Orders.
- Assist with updating products and price lists in CRM Software.
- Complete and send customer invoices.
- Order office and administrative supplies as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities will be assigned.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Prior Accounts Receivable experience required.
- Knowledge of Fire/EMS is preferred but not required.
- Able to document tasks clearly and accurately.
- Must be able to work with numbers with minimum supervision and error.
- Must be able to analyze information and resolve conflicts swiftly and efficiently.
- Must have an excellent phone presence and the ability to build rapport with new/existing customers.
- Ability to work well with others, but also must be self-sufficient and work independently when needed.
- Positive, confident, and upbeat demeanor.
- Ability to multitask and complete large volumes of work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive personality to take initiative on daily work.
- Must be detail oriented and extremely organized.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Programs and Cloud Based software and general computer literacy is essential.
- Customer Service background preferred, but not required.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Competitive salary
- Full-time benefits include: health, dental and vision plans, 401K and matching, profit sharing, vacations and holiday paid time off and other perks.
- Privately owned and fast-growing company.
- Join a fun and tight-knit team.
- Be a part of a passionate and impactful industry.
- Plenty of room to grow within the company.
FF1 is a first responder apparatus, equipment, and equipment dealer in New Jersey. Our headquarters is located in Sparta, NJ. We have over 30 full- and part-time staff members. Our company represents hundreds of manufacturers and thousands of products. While our outside sales team covers the state of New Jersey, our inside sales team and website attract customers out-of-state. Our customer base is comprised a wide variety of first responders including volunteer and career fire departments, police, EMS/EMTs, and more.