Ambulance Sales Manager
Firefighter One (FF1) is a first responder apparatus, gear, equipment, and uniform distributor based in New Jersey. For over 14 years, we've been serving fire and EMS departments. Today, our prominent Ambulance Sales Department is looking for a highly motivated and skilled person to fill the position of Ambulance Sales Manager.
The primary role of this position is to develop and execute a sales pursuit and quality of sales process and plan for the FF1 Ambulance Sales AOR and generate sales growth and margin improvement in support of the company goals. This position reports to the Director of Ambulance Sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop sales forecasts, annual stock and sales quotas by dealer/region. Ensure that minimum ambulance sales representative’s performance requirements are met.
- Hiring and training of ambulance sales representatives. Tactical planning and implementation for new business development with each ambulance sales representative.
- Planning activities, which include customer service, generating new business, bid/quotation support and analysis.
- Develop bid specific success criteria, using competitive intelligence, analyze elements of bids, and provide recommendations on pricing and concessions.
- Coordinate to ensure that ambulance dealer agreements are maintained, as well as state and federal licensing requirements.
- Develop monthly call and travel plan supported by intended impact. 50% to 80% travel, deliberate and planned.
- Develop customer/project positioning and value proposition plans, not just calling on customers.
- Customer service/retention, through customer contact and interaction.
- Shape, and influence requirements with end customers to position dealer network and products to meet bid design specifications.
- Attend regional industry shows and participate in appropriate customer events and programs to maintain visibility.
- Provide monthly metrics and feedback to the company management team.
- Sale of new build, stock, and demo vehicles meeting the company’s margin objectives.
- Perform timely reporting on sales call activities, pipeline management, quotes, bids, and forecasts to company President/CEO.
- Coordinate the support and interaction of the factory Inside & Outside Brand Sales Manager and their team.
- Provide representation during customer inspections and plant tours.
- Implement state strategies and provide feedback for the corporate marketing plan to include adjustment to improve performance.
- Must have excellent presentation skills, ability to apply specific knowledge from EMS/fire/rescue market.
- Must keep current on knowledge of competitors, extensive knowledge of ambulance products and component assemblies.
- Must be fully capable of working independently in the absence of supervision.
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships.
- Understanding manufacturing processes, MRP and CRM systems.
- Must be computer literate and able to effectively use Microsoft office business suites.
- Demonstrated an ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, and verbally communicate simple instructions, short correspondence and memos in English.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, blueprints, assembly drawing, schematics and other written or verbal instructions presented in English.
- Candidates must possess excellent organizational and management skills.
- Meet the goals and objectives of the sales department as assigned by the Director of Ambulance Sales and manufacturer sales targets.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reliable transportation, a clean driving record, and a valid New Jersey driver’s license are required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalency.
- Associate degree in related field preferred
- EMS or fire background as paid professional or volunteer preferred.
- Experience in outside sales and/or account management preferred.
- Experience with CRM software preferred.
Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematics.
Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out instructions delivered in written and oral form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to manage time, cost and effort to ensure efficiency.
- Must have a strong ability to multi-task.
- Strong communication skills are required.
- Work requires significant local travel to current and potential customers.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Software.
- Must possess an unwavering dedication to Premier Customer Service and Support.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, and work quickly and efficiently.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical ability required.
- Strong problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective customer relationships.
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
- Ability to be self-motivated and work from a remote location without direct supervision.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time. Lifting 100 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
TO BE DETERMINED DURING FINAL INTERVIEW PHASE WITH COMPANY MANAGEMENT