Apparatus Service Assistant
Firefighter One (FF1) is looking for a highly motivated and organized individual to fill the position of Apparatus Service Assistant. The ideal candidate understands the importance of productivity and is excited to contribute to a growing company’s success. Key traits are a fresh-minded, go-getter that can build strong external relationships with our valued customers as well as carry out tasks swiftly with minimal supportive management and guidance. We are a very tight team and looking to fill this role with a team player that excels in a busy, fast-paced environment. This full-time position reports to the Apparatus Service Administrator and will be based full-time in our Sparta HQ location.
- Respond to customer requests for repairs/service in a timely manner and translate customer concerns to technicians.
- Proactive customer communication with regards to upcoming maintenance.
- Facilitate the estimating and scheduling of annual maintenance.
- Process warranty claims.
- Follow up on purchase orders/parts ETA’s and update customers accordingly
- Confirm customer appointments.
- Properly prepare and finalize work documentation for the accounting department by ensuring technicians notes are accurately written, easily understandable and all parts/materials used are accounted for.
- Review completed estimates to ensure accuracy and provide timely delivery to the customer.
- Process approved/denied estimates.
- Perform basic office duties, such as copying, filing, and maintaining customer records
- Other duties and responsibilities will be assigned.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Proficient verbal communication skills are essential as you must effectively communicate technical information between technicians, vendors, and customers.
- Must have an excellent phone presence and the ability to build rapport with new/existing customers.
- Ability to work well with others, but also must be self-sufficient and work independently when needed.
- Positive, confident, and upbeat demeanor.
- Ability to multitask and complete large volumes of work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive personality to take initiative on daily work.
- Must be detail oriented and extremely organized.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Programs and Cloud Based software and general computer literacy is essential.
- Customer Service background preferred, but not required.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Competitive salary
- Full-time benefits include: health, dental and vision plans, 401K and matching, profit sharing, vacations and holiday paid time off and other perks.
- Privately owned and fast-growing company.
- Join a fun and tight-knit team.
- Be a part of a passionate and impactful industry.
- Plenty of room to grow within the company.
FF1 is a first responder apparatus, equipment, and equipment dealer in New Jersey. Our headquarters is located in Sparta, NJ. We have over 30 full- and part-time staff members. Our company represents hundreds of manufacturers and thousands of products. While our outside sales team covers the state of New Jersey, our inside sales team and website attract customers out-of-state. Our customer base is comprised a wide variety of first responders including volunteer and career fire departments, police, EMS/EMTs, and more.