Emergency Vehicle Service Manager
Join our dynamic and growing team! Firefighter One (FF1) is a first responder apparatus, gear, equipment, and distributor based in New Jersey. For nearly 15 years, we've been serving departments throughout the tri-state area. We are looking for an Emergency Vehicle Service Manager. The right candidate is extremely organized, excellent communicator, team player, resourceful, go-getter, thinks outside the box, and is always one step ahead.
Reporting to the Vice President, the Emergency Vehicle Service Manager has overall responsibility for the operation of all Emergency Service functions. The Service Manager is to oversee all operations ensuring complete customer satisfaction; increase growth; and fair profitability. The Service Manager must be able to work with all departments within Firefighter One and partner manufacturers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure a safe, clean and efficient Service Center that delivers a world-class experience to customers by supporting the vision, mission, and values of Firefighter One everyday.
- Ensure that company processes and procedures are adhered to at all levels.
- Be the focal point for all customer communication and incoming requests to the service department.
- Keep customers regularly informed on the status of their vehicles. Including updating customers on the status of open Repair Orders.
- Oversee the scheduling of all incoming work into the shop and all mobile Technicians.
- Oversee and manage the open repair order level/ backlog.
- Manage and audit the quality of all customer/ billing documentation.
- Research parts to assist technicians in the completion of repairs and maintenance.
- Prepare quotes for repair work, follow up and validate accuracy of quoted repairs on completion of work.
- Make sure that any additional work identified upon arrival of a truck is quoted within 24 hours of arrival.
- Manage department expenses, responsibility for site P & L.
- Resolve all service and parts complaints. Complaints are to be reported and responded within 24 hours of receipt.
- Maintain resource levels as required, including hiring, training, competency management.
- Maintain the customer satisfaction follow-up process including quality control and quick turn- around time
- Maintain mandatory reporting standards including but not limited to OSHA Injury reports, Hazard Waste, MSDS documentation.
- In conjunction with the HR Manager, maintain federal and state documentation for drivers and company vehicles.
- Support apparatus sales department to ensure the efficient, expedited delivery of new vehicles.
- Maintain and furnish necessary special tools and diagnostic software for technicians to perform their jobs safely, efficiently, and correctly.
- Be the liaison between Firefighter One and Manufacturers with service issues.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages Mobile Service Technicians and service center personnel.
- Actively execute HR processes in cooperation with the HR Department and the employee handbook.
- Ensure all direct reports are efficiently trained in all aspects of the job and facilitate continuous development programs that enhance all areas of responsibility.
- Create processes and procedures that organize and improve the quality of the division.
- Create an environment geared to employee job satisfaction and continued improvement.
Business degree preferred
3+ Years Emergency Vehicle or Automotive Service Management
EVT / ASE Certified Preferred
Commensurate with experience.