Ferrara Fire Apparatus Body Construction
THE Heavy Duty Extruded Aluminum Fire Body!
Built to last a lifetime, our extruded aluminum fire body is the strongest and most durable in the industry. Built from 6061-T6 and 6063-T6 aluminum alloys, each of our certified extrusions are custom designed for a specific use in the apparatus body. Our sub-frame, compartment framework, hose bed, wheel wells, beavertails, pump compartment and running board/tailboard assemblies all rely upon heavy-duty extruded aluminum shapes that have a particular design function.
Throughout the years, we have redefined the way custom fire bodies and, in particular, extruded aluminum fire bodies are designed and built. Our experienced team of engineers and craftsmen give you virtually unlimited flexibility when it comes to creating the body that will meet the needs of your fire department. We can help you make optimal use of available storage space so you can respond to emergencies with the equipment you need.
Ferrara’s extruded aluminum fire body works equally well in a pumper, tanker, rescue, aerial, haz-mat, incident command or specialty vehicle configuration. Let us design yours today!
- Constructed of interlocking extrusions with wall thicknesses ranging from 3/16” to 7/16”
- Slanted beavertails, extended depth tailboard compartment and full width intermediate rear step are standard
- Reinforced pump compartment
- Custom ladder and equipment storage solutions
- 28” deep full height / full depth compartments
OTHER BODIES AVAILABLE:
- Modular 12 Gauge Galvanneal
- Modular 3/16” Aluminum
- Modular 12 Gauge Stainless Steel
- Ultimate 12 Gauge Welded Stainless Steel
Click Links Below For More Body Construction Info
|Extruded Body||Modular Body||Modular Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|