3M Scott SCBA Technician
Firefighter One (FF1), a prominent first responder apparatus, equipment, and service provider to the state of New Jersey, is seeking a highly motivated and skilled person to join our team as an 3M Scott SCBA Technician.
Essential Duties & Job Responsibilities include the following. *Others may be assigned.
- On-Site/In-house repairs and maintenance of 3M Scott Safety SCBA’s
- On-Site compressor repairs/maintenance
- Hydrostatic testing of SCBA cylinders
- Occasional after hours FIT testing will be required
- Pick up/delivery of service related items
- Properly manage service software by thoroughly completing work orders with accurate and detailed notes at the end of each day
- Must properly clean and maintain designated work areas and service vehicles to company standards
Language Skills: Must have the ability to read and comprehend simple instruction and correspondence as well as transcribe daily notes into service software. Proficient verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively present information to customers, vendors and other employees.
Education and Experience:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Valid DL with CDL Class B endorsement or willingness to obtain one
- Knowledge of Firefighting related products
- Must be willing to obtain certifications required to perform maintenance and repairs for the product lines we service
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work well with others and also be self-sufficient and work Independently when needed
- Positive and upbeat demeanor
- Ability to multitask and adapt to an ever-changing work environment