Parts & Warehouse Coordinator
Join our dynamic and growing team! Firefighter One (FF1) is a first responder apparatus, gear, equipment, and distributor based in New Jersey. For nearly 15 years, we've been serving departments throughout the tri-state area. We are looking for an energetic member to join our team as a Parts & Warehouse Coordinator. The right candidate is a team player, go-getter, extremely organized, excellent communicator, thinks outside the box, and is always one step ahead. Are you the newest team member we’re looking for?
The Parts & Warehouse Coordinator is an integral member of FF1’s team and works closely with our Service and Sales departments to coordinate the operational needs of both divisions. Based in Sparta, New Jersey, the role oversees all inventory within our 7,500 square-foot warehouse, including organization, storage, and procurement. The Parts & Warehouse Coordinator works closely with the Service division to coordinate parts procurement for SCBA and apparatus maintenance. Additionally, this position works with the Sales department to manage product inventory levels and fulfill customer orders.
Specific job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Orders, receives, stores, and issues parts, supplies, and products
- Establishes and maintains reorder levels.
- Serves as a liaison with vendors and manufacturers and is responsible for all aspects in regards to ordering including processing purchase orders, follows up on delivery times, and obtains special information.
- Receives and inspects all shipments against invoices to ensure correct pricing, quantity, and quality
- Maintains related records, notifies vendors of problems with incoming shipments and works with vendors to rectify.
- Picks, packs & ships customer orders.
- Coordinates the shipping of customer orders.
- Researches parts in order to replace and/or fabricate equipment.
- Locates and retrieves parts, equipment, and personnel from site locations.
- Stores and arranges items and maintains a clean and organized inventory storage area, performs inventory cycle counts.
- Fulfills material requests for parts and supplies for both shop and mobile technicians.
- Inputs part information into a database; updates computerized inventory systems; prepares related reports.
- Schedules service division deliveries and pick-ups.
- Updates customers as well as outside sales team on order status and delivery times.
- Operates a forklift with certification.
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
The ideal candidate has at least one year of experience working in a warehouse--either in a parts procurement or stocking role. The Parts & Warehouse Coordinator role requires the use of inventory software, so strong computer skills (or ability to quickly learn) is preferred. Experience with heavy-duty parts and/or in the first responder industry is strongly preferred but not required.
Other experience and requirements of the job include:
- High School Diploma, or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Possession of a valid New Jersey Driver License AT TIME OF HIRE.
- Forklift certification or willingness to obtain within 90 days of hire.
- Entering information into a database.
- Tracking and maintaining warehouse inventory.
- Ordering, receiving, storing, and issuing parts and supplies.
- Processing material requests.
- Inspecting incoming parts and supplies.
- Warehousing practices.
- General purchasing practices.
- Warehouse receiving practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, dust, poor ventilation, chemicals, extreme temperatures, inadequate lights, workspace restrictions, intense noises, and travel.
If you think you are the right fit for this job, tell us! Please send us your resume and a cover letter detailing the work experience(s) you have that are relevant to this position and why you would be a great fit for the FF1 management team.