TERRITORY ACCOUNT MANAGER
TERRITORY ACCOUNT MANAGER
SUMMARY: An Account Manager in the Sales Division will present and sell firefighting equipment to current and potential customers in their designated territories while maintaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Identify sales prospects and contact those and others accounts, as assigned.
- Contact every customer in their territory in person at least once per quarter.
- Prepare presentations, proposals and sales contracts.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
- Prepare and submit bid proposals to customers as necessary.
- Promptly respond to telephone, fax and e-mail inquiries from customers, inside sales personnel and vendors.
- Generate specifications and pricing in the manufacturer’s computer software program.
- Service the customer during and after the sale to ensure satisfaction and to promote future business.
- Deliver new equipment to customers and ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Maintain current knowledge of competitive products including knowledge of local competitive pricing.
- Work within a team concept to ensure that corporate, team and personal goals are achieved.
- Develop and maintain sales materials and current product knowledge.
- Establish and maintain current customer and potential customer relationships.
- Identify, document and resolve customer concerns.
- Prepare a variety of reports and forms, including Order Info Forms, Bid Tabs, etc.
- Communicate new opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
- Maintain order forecasting and provide accurate monthly forecasting reports.
- Attend multiple tradeshows annually and interact with customers and vendors.
- Attain continued market growth and profits.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Initially this position will have no supervisory responsibility.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reliable transportation, a clean driving record, and a valid New Jersey driver’s license are required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to create standard correspondence. Ability to effectively and concisely present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, co-workers, other professionals and the general public. Proficient verbal communication skills, in English, are required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalency.
- Associate degree in related field preferred
- Fire Service background as paid professional or volunteer preferred.
- Experience in outside sales and/or account management preferred.
- Experience with CRM software preferred.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematics.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out instructions delivered in written and oral form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to manage time, cost and effort to ensure efficiency.
- Must have a strong ability to multi-task.
- Strong communication skills are required.
- Work requires significant local travel to current and potential customers.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Software.
- Must possess an unwavering dedication to Premier Customer Service and Support.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, and work quickly and efficiently.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical ability required.
- Strong problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective customer relationships.
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
- Ability to be self-motivated and work from a remote location without direct supervision.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time. Lifting 100 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 lbs.